Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Love Hate Relationship

Hi gang! I am starting to get things back on track after the last two exhausting weeks.

Thank you to those who left thoughts and prayers comments as well as emails. It really means a lot to have your support.

To top off the last two weeks...ebay struck again. You see, ebay and I have had this love/hate, on again/off again relationship for many years now. I love to hate them and I hate to love them.

I felt the love from them this past weekend when they decided to pull almost 40 of my auctions. Uh huh...that many! Not only did they pull them but they deleted them instead of putting them in my "unsold items" where I could have simply relisted them (and they do have the option of doing that when they pull them).

Why did they pull them? Because with everything goin on these past two weeks, I forgot all about changing my wording. Most of my auctions still stated that I accepted checks and money orders and since ebay finds that to be "unsafe and unsecure" they no longer allow those forms of payment.

The funny thing is...they pulled almost 40 and left about a half dozen of them that still had the wording...things that make ya go hmmmmm. So here I am frantically looking through turbo lister to see if I still had ANY of them to copy and paste. Thankfully I have my items on more than one selling site so that did help with relisting most of them. However, it still took me late into saturday night and half a day sunday to get everything reworded, copy/pasted and relisted. UGH! Oh...and don't forget the listing fees I paid all over again for every auction!

The kicker is that ebay also sent emails to everyone who had purchased a pulled auction in the last 7 days and told them it was no longer available. Those that paid and did not receive their items yet thought that ebay refunded their money and i had two people actually reorder. I sent out refunds letting them know the transaction went through but I think ebay needs to find another solution to sending out emails like that and freakin people out. I, myself, wondered at first if monies were refunded so I had to check my paypal to be sure.

Ahhhh...the wonderful world of ebay...surprises around every corner!

k...nuff about that. I will be working on finishing some St. Paddy's day ornies this week and will hopefully be able to list my Easter Bunny Candy Dish tonight (after I've checked the wording a dozen times...lol).

Before I go, I need to thank dear sweet Deb over at
Deb's Primitive Country Kitchen for this wonderful award. Thank you darlin!

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Ohhh my goodness . . I still have that wording in all my listings . . I better get busy and change them. Jeez!! Sorry this happened to you!

Rooster Inn Primitives said...

Mandy so sorry for all the pain and hassle that ebay caused you.. I better check mine. I don't have many like you but i'll still check. Hope you get it all straightend out.

Hugs pam

Susan Walker said...

Oh my goodness, Mandy! Sometimes I wonder what Ebay is thinking! I'm sorry you had to go through all of this. Susan

p.s. LOVE those lucky horseshoes!!!